The world of marketing & advertising should start taking consumer generated media seriously.
It's not something that's a passing fad but I think this gives consumers a voice. Consumers increasingly want to participate and tell the world what they think and feel about the brand. Also, they want to get 'engaged' in a conversation( and air their views) about the brand.
Here's converse gallery that's taking advantage of this trend. Here's what consumers have to do:
- Consumers can submit a 24 sec film not a commercial.
- Consumers can tell what Converse means to them.
- The site has all the contracts and agreements in pdfs!
- A few of the films could even end-up in television!
- Converse gives the consumer $10000, to further their creative endeavours!
I love the spirit with which the brand is interacting with its consumers. Welcome to the future of marketing!