Keith of KRG Marketing responded to my last post on Marketing in a world when the door is already shut.
He pointed me to his presentation on Sovereign Consumer which is brilliant. I have embedded this presentation here. I liked a couple of points from this presentation which I think are game changing for marketers:
- The need for marketers to tune-in to meta factors that affect consumer behaviour
- Only those marketers grounded in the reality of consumer's lives will understand their priorities
- The sovereign consumer defines value in his/her own terms. They need community and also anti-community as the situation may warrant. Expects responsible pursuit of profit!
- Digital Connectivity does not mean engagement!
- The increasing power of printed value in an ever increasing digital world - Tangibleness will gain value.
- Consumers will decide how much of an ad-unit will they allow themselves to become - Not everything can be monetized
- Marketing "within the context of the customer's world" is increasingly becoming critical
- Don't think media planning. Think Connection Planning
- Simon Clift's( CMO of Unilever) comment is interesting - One needs get ready to do marketing in a world of low or near zero budgets! Coming with ideas then, can make a huge difference
- Co-ownership of data - between marketers and consumers is an interesting thought that needs to be practiced by marketers